Canvas and Infinite Campus
Information for Parents
Click here for information on how to sign up for Infinite Campus Parent or as a Canvas Observer.
Da Vinci Academy General Rules and Consequences
- Cell phones, smart watches, etc. are for instructional use only or with specific permission from the teacher in the room.
- Chewing gum, snacks and listening to music are at each teacher’s discretion.
- Passes are required to leave the DVA Hallway
- Morning procedure: Get breakfast before coming to Homeroom
The following procedures will be implemented to enforce appropriate behavior of students:
- Respect others and use proper language as well as proper etiquette (including tone of voice) with peers and teachers.
- Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated (unnecessary noises, talking, touching, throwing things, horseplay, etc.)
- Follow directions for class procedures (tardy, eating, restroom, etc.)
- Be prepared for class (pencil, paper, notebooks, laptops, assignments, etc.)
- Obey all school rules as outlined in student agenda.
- Making administrative level changes to the technological devices of others will not be tolerated.
1st Warning (Name the behavior, state clear expectations of appropriate behavior, give choice)
2nd Isolation/reflection/parent contact (Student returns to isolation and completes behavior reflection. Phone call home and entry into Infinite Campus)
3rd Disciplinary referral to appropriate assistant principal.
SEVERE DISRUPTION OR CHRONIC MISBEHAVIOR WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE REFERRAL APPROPRIATE ADMINISTRATOR.
ISS/OSS is available only once to a DVA student. If behavior issues continue, the student will lose the opportunity to attend DVA.
Consequences of plagiarism at Da Vinci Academy (6th, 7th, and 8th grade classes)
- First Offense– Parent contacted and assignment redone with careful attention to originality. (Teacher discretion as to the grade on the assignment)
- Second Offense– Parent conference, administrator informed, and assignment redone with careful attention to originality. (Teacher discretion as to the grade on the assignment)
- Third Offense– Parent conference with an administrator present (in-school suspension possible based on discretion of administrator) and assignment redone with careful attention to originality. (Teacher discretion as to the grade on the assignment)
Rising 6th Grade Orientation Information
Welcome Rising 6th Graders!
¡Bienvenidos nuevos alumnos de 6to grado!
Need a Carpool?
¿Necesitas un compartir transportación?
If you need help forming a morning and/or afternoon carpool, click here. The first time you access the document you will need to wait for permission. Then you can post information for your carpool help in the document and other parents will post as well. THIS DOCUMENT IS IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH.
Si necesita ayuda para formar un viaje compartido en la mañana y / o en la tarde, haga clic aqui. La primera vez que acceda al documento deberá esperar el permiso. Luego, puede publicar información para su ayuda de viaje compartido en el documento y otros padres también publicarán. ESTE DOCUMENTO ESTÁ EN INGLÉS Y ESPAÑOL.