Canvas and Infinite Campus
Information for Parents
Click here for information on how to sign up for Infinite Campus Parent or as a Canvas Observer.
DVA Parent& Student Information
Da Vinci Academy General Rules and Consequences
- Cell phones, smart watches, etc. are for instructional use only or with specific permission from the teacher in the room.
- Chewing gum, snacks and listening to music are at each teacher’s discretion.
- Morning procedure:
The following procedures will be implemented to enforce appropriate behavior of students:
- Respect others and use proper language as well as proper etiquette (including tone of voice) with peers and teachers.
- Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated (unnecessary noises, talking, touching, throwing things, horseplay, etc.)
- Follow directions for class procedures (tardy, eating, restroom, etc.)
- Be prepared for class (pencil, paper, notebooks, laptops, assignments, etc.)
- Obey all school rules as outlined in student agenda.
- Making administrative level changes to the technological devices of others will not be tolerated.
1st Warning (Name the behavior, state clear expectations of appropriate behavior, give choice)
2nd Isolation/reflection/parent contact (Student returns to isolation and completes behavior reflection. Phone call home and entry into Infinite Campus) 3rd Disciplinary referral to appropriate assistant principal.
SEVERE DISRUPTION OR CHRONIC MISBEHAVIOR WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE REFERRAL APPROPRIATE ADMINISTRATOR.
ISS/OSS is available only once to a DVA student. If behavior issues continue, the student will lose the opportunity to attend DVA.
Grading Policy In our effort to align our grading policy with the state standards for each content area we have organized our grades into two categories: Standards and Daily Work. This grading policy also maintains our mission of preparing middle school students for high school, college, and their professional lives by nurturing mastery of important concepts, skills, and knowledge required by our Georgia Performance Standards while also requiring some consequences.
Consequences of plagiarism at Da Vinci Academy (6th, 7th, and 8th grade classes)
- First Offense– Parent contacted and assignment redone with careful attention to originality. (Teacher discretion as to the grade on the assignment)
- Second Offense– Parent conference, administrator informed, and assignment redone with careful attention to originality. Maximum grade on assignment is 50
- Third Offense– Parent conference with an administrator present, zero on assignment, assignment redone with careful attention to originality. (In-school suspension possible based on discretion of administrator.)